www.nexorth.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.nexorth.net

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Because it wouldn't send the pm

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ITSBIG
Mod
Mod
ITSBIG

Because it wouldn't send the pm Empty
PostSubject: Because it wouldn't send the pm   Because it wouldn't send the pm I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 7:46 am

Said I'd do this a few days ago, got too high,fell asleep and forgot about it, so here it is.

The problem is not a lack of new players joining, getting that is easy. The problem is keeping the new players.
After the first rush of "oldschool! awesome" feeling, the grind kicks in. I know this is dodian style so it's got to have an element of grind to it, so we cannot change that.
However, we can reward the grind. People want that constant reward feeling, the problem is, how do you keep rewarding them without breaking the style of the server.

I have a few ideas.

Firstly, there needs to be a better way to make money or some kind of currency (skill points, pvp points, boss points, vote shop etc.) and something to spend it on, I suggest low level food be available along with the stuff already available.
Points could be spent on hard to obtain weapons and skilling armour, (Elegant, holiday-wear, whip etc.)

Secondly, I would lower the drop rate on drops and boost the exp slightly. You should be able to get 99 of a skill quicker than now (but not too fast to break the style). This, again, is part of rewarding the player. Drops feel more special and "earned" and getting 99 woodcutting isn't soul-destroying, will also drop bot usage (if that ever becomes a problem).

Finally, A reason to kill. Currently, other than to get drops and exp, there is no real reason to go and kill stuff. This leads to a lot more afking and a lot less players staying around. Maybe an improved slayer system, or a pvm points system would fix this, currently slayer is boring as hell. One of the slowest skills to train and not that rewarding, as getting 85 slayer for whips takes longer than to solo godwars bosses and get a godsword.

After we have this content Nexorth will be a lot more "meatier", a more equal experience and engaging enough to keep new players. Then we can work on getting votes because votes = players, obviously done through a vote reward, maybe a 12hr 2x exp lamp for 6 votes or something, that'll make people want to vote.

I'll be trying to help anyway I can, until I've got my head around java I'll just send links to code I think are interesting and simple to add.
Peace,
B I G
Back to top Go down
Squad
Owner
Owner
Squad

PostSubject: Re: Because it wouldn't send the pm   Because it wouldn't send the pm I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 3:06 pm

I going to work on it! Thanks for the information. My idea is to make thieving a good money skill, so what i going to do is make the cage's in yanille gives money random.
I also will add low level fish in stores. Also i going to buy sponsored server on Moparscape's status page, i will do that in a few days i'm just waiting for my new credit card the old one is blocked.

Back to top Go down
https://projectguardian.forumotion.com
ITSBIG
Mod
Mod
ITSBIG

PostSubject: Re: Because it wouldn't send the pm   Because it wouldn't send the pm I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2016 6:09 pm

I'd hold out on the sponsorship for now, you want to advertise when we've sorted stuff out first, to maximise how many people we keep. I like the thieving as income for money, but I wouldn't just use the cells for money, have guards give more than men and heroes more than guards but make it worthwhile, 1k > 5k > 10k etc.
This will fit with the style and not make it too easy to make money
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Because it wouldn't send the pm   Because it wouldn't send the pm I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Because it wouldn't send the pm
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.nexorth.net :: Nexorth Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: